Friday, July 6, 2012

Cobblestone Farmer's Market

While there are many great perks to living downtown in a decent sized city one of the things I was most excited about was a downtown farmer's market.

I was super pumped when I discovered that Cobblestone Farmer's Market was within walking distance of my new home.

It was such a nifty place and a lot of fun to be able to walk to it and meet people and overall have a great morning.

I went for the 1st time right after I moved and have been sad that I haven't been able to go back because of my work schedule (Cobblestone is open on Tuesdays from 10am-1pm), but last Tuesday I was off and braved the heat to make a trip.  I am sure glad I did :)  I got some lovely tomatoes and corn, which always reminds me of eating at my Nanny and Papa's house in the summertime.

My purchases from my 1st trip included some tomatoes, snap peas, napa cabbage, some amazing strawberry preserves, tabouli, and swiss chard

On my 2nd visit I purchased some corn on the cob (silver queen), tomatoes, homemade olive oil and sea salt bread, and a homemade snack bar


On Saturdays Cobblestone Farmer's Market is set up at Old Salem from 9am-12pm.  I think I may head over in the morning and check it out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment