Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Roasted Veggies

I really like almost every vegetable and enjoy eating them throughout the day, but especially with dinner.  I usually eat a salad or have some type of veggie on the side, but that can get a little boring and plain.  I decided I was going to roast some veggies last Friday when I got off work and then I would have some leftovers for the weekend as well.  I decided to use carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, and onions.  I cut them all up (except for the carrots because I used baby carrots) about the same size and tossed them with olive oil, salt, pepper, and some original Mrs. Dash.

I placed all the veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet.

I put them in a 400 degree oven for about 50 minutes, stirring about every 10-15 minutes.  Next time I make these I think I will see how they are after about 30 minutes because while they were delicious they were a little mushy.


I will definitely be making these in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment