Friday, January 27, 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup(ish)

I was browsing around online some time ago and saw someone mention that they had seen peanut butter Cheerios.  I had pretty much forgotten about them until I was in Target last Friday picking up a few things and I saw them in stock.  I didn't purchase them then, but did return yesterday after work to buy a box of the peanut butter and of the chocolate.  I bought them both thinking that would be delicious mixed together as a sweet treat after dinner (and if I had them with milk a good way to get some dairy in). 

The peanut butter by itself is pretty strong, but the chocolate is yummy and kind of reminds me of cocoa puffs.  A serving is 3/4 cup for both but the PB has slightly more calories 110 and the chocolate has 100.  Last night I could wait to try them out so I had a full serving of each with 1 cup of skim milk (not the healthiest dinner, but definitely not the worst).  Together they remind me of a Reese's peanut butter cup!  YUMMY! 

I try to eat real food for dinner, so I don't think this will be replacing my dinner anytime soon, I decided to mix up 1/4 c of each today (so 1/2c total of Cheerios) to have as a sweet treat this afternoon while I was working.  I am eating them dry right out of the container now and they are still just as yummy and enough for my sweet tooth to be curbed...for awhile at least.  Eating a third serving of each totals 70 calories and 1g fat so not bad at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment