Sunday, November 10, 2013

Baked Spaghetti

Last week was my "short week" at work, but it almost seems longer because I work longer shifts. Thursday I was scheduled until 5, but I was able to leave a little early because I had to go into work for a bit today. 

I have been thinking about making baked spaghetti for awhile now and thought Thursday night might be a good night to try it. I looked around for some recipes online and talked to one of my technicians at work. I kind of decided I would wing it and hopefully come up with something good. 

I stopped at Lowe's Food after work and gathered my supplies:

1 pound lean ground beef
1 had Ragu pasta sauce
1 box thin spaghetti
1 bag of shredded Italian cheese 

I browned the beef and drained off the fat. While the beef was cooking I boiled a large pot of water and cooked the spaghetti to al dente. I added the jar of sauce to the beef and simmered while the noodles finished cooking. I greased the bottom of a 8x8 glass baking dish. I started with a thin layer of sauce then added noodles, sauce and cheese. I repeated this layer once more. I placed the dish into a 350 degree oven covered with foil for 20 minutes. I then baked uncovered for 5 minutes. 

This ended up being delicious and was even better as leftovers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment