Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Glenville,NC--Lake Weekend

Chase and I spent a long weekend with his family at their lake house in Glenville, NC, which is located in western North Carolina about 30 minutes from Western Carolina University.  I was really looking forward to getting away and basically "unplugging" for a few days!  It was WONDERFUL and we all had a great time.

This past weekend was my weekend to work, but I was able to get off Sunday and Monday so we were able to enjoy the lake Saturday night until Tuesday afternoon.  The weather was nice, although since it was in the mountains it was a little cool and rained some Sunday/Monday afternoons.

Chase's parents rented a boat so we all enjoyed some time out on the lake Sunday afternoon in between rain showers and cold wind, but it was still fun :)

Chase and his brother, Chad, on the tube

Of course once I got all bundled up to ride and see the waterfalls the sun came out.  The top picture is me redoing my "I'm cold" face for the camera!  This is the first time I've been bundled up and Chase isn't haha :)

Chase and I also tried to do a little fishing, but we weren't really successful.  It was nice to spend some time together so I still enjoyed it!


(I didn't really catch a fish....my line was stuck in a tree)

I also cooked dinner Monday night and made one of Chase's favorite meals...Emily Bites French Dip Cupcakes.  I think everyone really enjoyed them and they are super easy to make for a big group of people. 

I look forward to going back up the lake house.  I think we may be up that way Labor Day weekend while we are going to the Clemson vs. Georgia game!!



PS: Chase is posting some new video game reviews on his friend's blog so everyone go check out his first post here!

No comments:

Post a Comment