Here is some information on the program:
And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals. In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
I received my package from Chelsea and it was wonderful!!
It was full of all sorts of yummy snacks and I couldn't have received better items if I had given Chelsea a list of things that I would like to get!!
1.Goldfish: I mean really these are delicious!
2. Double chocolate milano cookies: haven't tried these yet, but I love the normal ones
3. Lemon Biscotti Bites: I haven't tried these yet, but they're local to Westport, CT. I can't wait to try them out
4. Chocolate mountain mix: I love granola and can't wait to take this to work for a pick-me-up
5. Highland Park Chocolate Chip Cookies: THESE WERE AMAZING!! wonderful
6. Clif Bar/NuGo Bar: haven't had either yet, but would be wonderful to throw in my bag for work
7. Justin's All-Natural Peanut Bar: Chelsea described this as a "healthy (or at least less unhealthy) snickers bar" and all i have to say is WOW, it was yummy!! too many calories though for a snack, so maybe a once in a while treat
8. Justin's Nut Butters: I have had some of these, but can't wait to try Chelsea's favorite the maple almond butter
9. Watermelon Mint Iced Tea Packets: perfect for a HOT summer day I need to get on packing this!
I think it had a good experience for my first time, but do not know if I will do the FPP program in August just because it is a super busy month for me with several different small trips to look forward too!
No comments:
Post a Comment