Saturday, March 3, 2012

Red Velvet Cake Brownies

I enjoy baking and try to make something to take to my rotation at least once during the month.  I usually try something new because it is nice to have people to share the goodies with.  I have been reading PBFingers back from when she started to see how she has progressed with her blog and to hopefully get some ideas for mine!  I saw Julie had posted a recipe for Red Velvet Cake Brownies and being the serious lover of Red Velvet that I am I just knew I had to try them--plus the recipe seemed easy enough!

While making the recipe I used mini chocolate chips because that is what I had at home and I thought they added a little hint of chocolate goodness throughout the brownies.  I also had to cook them for about 35 minutes until the middle was set.  I kind of failed on my icing because for some reason I thought it would be a better idea to cut the brownies before icing.  Next time I make these brownies I think I will let them cool completely, ice, then cut and serve!  I received good reviews so I think this is a recipe I will definitely be making again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment